Wednesday, 28 January 2015

VALS UK Results and Analysis

For this assignment, I was asked to take a personality survey on a website called VALS US, but my tutor advised me to take the UK version because they have slightly different laws regarding certain topics in America, so the UK version would be more accurate to my personality. The survey consists of 40 multi-answer questions about your interests, your academics, your income, your thoughts on various controversial topics and your personal opinion on yourself.


How VALS examined my personality and how I examined my personality were more or less the same because I had said that I have a positive personality and that I am eager to help others and learn more. VALS UK said that my personality was that of a striver and a believer.

By which I mean that my primary VALS personality type is a striver, and my secondary type is a believer.

A striver is someone who is trendy and fun-loving, motivated by achievement, concerned about the opinions and approval of others, see themselves as having a job rather than a career and are an active consumer because they see shopping as a social activity and a chance to prove to their peers that they have the ability to buy and purchase. They can also be impulsive consumers at times.

 A believer is someone who is motivated by ideas, live very organised lives, generally tend to buy the same brand and are very predictable as consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment